Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Selfless Acts

We've read about people who do great things and seem to change the world. Recently on the news, there's been a man who's unemployed and he started handing out ten dollars a day to people who may or may not need it. The sad part, no one ever seems to make the effort to make these more common.



You may ask why I'm making an article about this instead of what I signed up to do before. I'd say once you read a few of these stories you'll understand. People need to be more accepting and care a little more than how the world is now.



I don't have quite the most miraculous stories like the ones in the link following are. But I do know that this sort of stuff happens every day. I sent in my own moment for the GMH team.

If you wish to know it, it is the following:
There's a teacher-aide at my school.
I asked her to help me with some algebra I've been struggling with. She helped me bring my D- up to a B+ with her time and effort despite not being able to pay her.
Thanks Mrs. R.
Teachers who do anything to help you learn GMH.


It may not be like much but it meant a lot to me that she took the time for me. And if you want to read more stories, just click on the link below.

Visit http://www.givesmehope.com/ for some more stories.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Stacey. That's an awesome story, and well-written.

    You're welcome to post anything here, not just the topic you used in the workshop. I hope you find what kind of writing motivates you to keep doing it.

    ReplyDelete