Monday, April 12, 2010

How I Fell In Love

I fell in love with something that most people in the world hate. The question is how could you hate reading? I love the feeling of searching for a hidden world, discovering romance, and destroying evil. In a book, I am anything that i want to be. I am the damsel in distress or I am the hero. It is an escape. I am away from my everyday life, away from my worries. I am entirely someone else. Someone that might not be real to others, but is completely real to me.

I am in the world that the author takes me. The sounds I hear, the smells and experience are all of the authors. I become that character that they are writing. I experience what they are feeling, seeing, touching. I am what they create. I am blessed to be experience their art. Their mind is my escape.

3 comments:

  1. That is deep, sista!

    But seriously. . . that was really good and I enjoyed it. You complete me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a totally amazing way to say it! :] I've read some books in my past where I just so related to the character I would hurt if they broke a rib or if they cried or were heartbroken, I suddenly felt like ripping out my heart and putting it in their rib cage. Of course, then you have some where you just want to bash your head against the wall in a "how could they" sort of thing but I digress. Point is, you've got it nailed on how amazing reading can be where it transports you to a new place and you get to be the character if you really feel up for challenging the plot.
    Keep up the blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well said... well said...
    keep it up!

    ReplyDelete